Q: Why is Valentine’s Day the best day for a celebration?
A: Because you can really party hearty!
Ok, so that may be the worst joke ever (and no, I did not make it up!), but Valentine’s Day is a good day to party regardless of your relationship status. Check out my shenanigans last year in this post. If the bars aren’t your scene, have a girls night in! My freshman year of college we had a dorm party (no boys allowed!) that included chocolate, cosmos, and Grey’s Anatomy DVD’s. Doesn’t get much better than that.
Even if all your friends are in relationships, and you are single, you can still dance around your room on a sugar high from V-Day candy and then take a bubble bath. Sounds like a good night to me!
Regardless of your plans, I think you need a playlist. Because everything is more fun with music.
The “Girls Rule, Boys Drool” Bitter V-Day Playlist
- Womanizer; Britney Spears
- You’re So Vain; Carly Simon
- I Kissed a Girl; Katy Perry
- Single Ladies; Beyonce
- Since You’ve Been Gone; Kelly Clarkson
- Lollipop; MIKA
- Hit ‘em Up Style (oops); Blu Cantrell
- I Don’t Need a Man; Pussy Cat Dolls
- You and Your Hand; Pink
- Poker Face; Lady Gaga (Somehow, I’m still not sick of this song…)
- Knock ‘em Out; Lily Allen <—I LOVE Lily Allen. Any girl who has ever gone to a bar should listen to this song
Non-Cheesy (Sort of) Love Songs
- Us; Regina Spektor
- Green Eyes; Damien Rice
- I’m the Man Who Loves You; Wilco
- The Luckiest; Ben Folds
- Requiem for O.M.M.2; Of Montreal (I had to throw in an Athens band. This is a great song! And the video is cool, too!)
- Love You Madly; Cake
- Funny Little Frog; Belle and Sebastian
- 1234; Feist (If you like this song, Mushaboom is another Feist song that would go well on this playlist.)
- You Make My Dreams; Hall & Oates (Ok, definitely a little cheesy, but it’s such a fun song!)
- Cupid; Jack Johnson
- She’s Got You High; Mumm-Ra