Happy Spring, everyone! Or summer, which is what it feel like here in Georgia. After an unseasonably cold winter (it snowed like 3 times?! Unheard of!), I am so happy to have warm weather.
Anyway, warm weather = its almost bikini season! Ahhhh!!!! And I am actually going to the beach in 2 weeks! And I can’t go unless my abs are completely beach ready. Just kidding. But I think its time for some spring cleaning…with my diet.
So I did what I said I was not going to do…I ate way too much chocolate on Easter. And in the few days after. Bleh! I can feel a drastic change in my energy levels after suddenly adding a bunch of sugar to my diet, and I don’t like it. Plus I need to look good in that bikini!
I have only done one challenge on my blog ever, and it only was for one week! (Click here to see.) I think it’s time for another one. This challenge will be officially until the end of May, but hopefully these rules will become habits that last longer than the challenge.
Here is my Spring Shape-Up Challenge:
- Limit desserts to twice per week. (The reason I picked twice instead of once is b/c I think this will make me less likely to over indulge when I do have dessert!) The rules of dessert are: 1. Must be worth it. This means good quality! So homemade cookies, not Oreos or anything I don’t LOVE. 2. Must be portioned. Do not eat out of ice cream container. No mindless eating!
- Bike more. I haven’t mentioned this yet on the blog, but I’ve been having problems with my hamstring, and I have been out of running since January! If you are a runner, you know how depressing this is. In the winter, I don’t like biking b/c it is too cold. No more excuses. I need to take advantage of wonderful biking weather!
- Smoothies! I have an underused magic bullet. Warm weather = smoothie season. My goal is to make at least 2 smoothie concoctions per week to pack in more fruit in my diet (and maybe some spinach, too!).
- Big Fresh Salads. The comfort food of warm weather! There is nothing more refreshing and energizing than a big salad for lunch.
- Keep up with blogging. So this has nothing to do with health really (besides staying accountable, I guess). For some reason, I haven’t been as excited about blogging lately, and I’m hoping having something like this challenge to talk about will make it more fun for me to write and for you to read!
In a nutshell, I’m going to limit sweets, exercise outside (bike!), eat more fresh fruits and veggies, and tell you all about it.
What do you do when you feel you need to shape up? Anyone else going to the beach soon?